Friday, August 27, 2010

The Beginning of the End of the Last 75 Pounds

I've started this blog to keep track of my goals and weight loss and for some accountability. A little background on me . . . I'm 36 and I started gaining weight when I was about 22. By the time I was 25, I was 170 pounds. I could pull it off easily enough because I'm 5 feet 9 inches tall and I gain weight fairly evenly. This also made it easier to deny the path I was on. Enter a new desk job and three years later I was 219 pounds and desperate. I had yo-yo and crash dieted at some points but always gained it back. At 219 pounds, I joined Weight Watchers. Over the next year and a half, I lost 69 pounds and became a lifetime member. I maintained that for about a year and slowly but surely, it started coming back. I spent a few years around the 170 - 180 mark and over the last 6 months I've ballooned to my all-time highest weight ever of 226 pounds where I sit now. Disappointed and devastated and I can hardly believe it. I can't believe I've done this to myself again.

Some goals to kick this plan into effect:

1. Go back to Weight Watchers. Next meeting closest to my place is Monday. Because I'm a lifetime member I can get away with not joining up completely and just paying to weigh in. I also don't have to pay for every single week, thank goodness because I can't afford it! So every two weeks I'm going to weigh in and go to the meeting.

2. Create weekly goals, gradually adding elements of exercise and routine for consistency.

3. Have a few friends to be accountable too who will ask me how things are going and come to the gym with me sometimes.

I'm off to work on my first week of goals now.  I will update what they are tomorrow and get started!  I'm both excited and scared.

Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment