Thursday, February 21, 2013

11 Random Things

Let me first thank the people who emailed me regarding my last post.  Some emailed with relief that someone else had trichotillomania too and a few emailed because they are close to someone who does.  Just contact with other people with the same issue was helpful.  Thank you!

Finally!  Here are my 11 random things to finish out my Liebster award from here.

1.  I don't like water chestnuts.  It's not the taste.  It's the texture.  Like raw potato.  I'll eat them because I've really never been one to pick things out of a dish I don't like.
2.  I have vitiligo.  This loss of pigmentation started when I was about 24.  I've now lost the majority of my freckles which I miss and I have plenty of white hair.
Third grade.  My favourite freckled picture.
3.  I laugh.   A LOT.
4.  I have one tattoo.  A dolphin on my ankle.  Could I be more 19?!  I've thought of getting it removed but it actually doesn't bother me so I probably won't.  I've heard it hurts.  Gulp.
5.  I have a very high pain tolerance.  Doctors have actually told me this.  Hehe, maybe I should rethink #4.
6.  I have an older half-brother, an older half-sister, a full brother, a full sister, a younger half-brother, and a younger half-sister.  If you want to get technical, I even have two much younger stepsisters but I've never met them.  Both of my parents have been married three times....so far!
7.  For the most part, I like my job and co-workers and feel very lucky to have gotten into the company when I did.  That alone, would make it very hard to ever leave.
8.  I just started sewing again for the first time in about 20+ years.  I'm working my way up skill-wise to making a quilt for my niece out of her baby clothes.  I'm learning (again) through an ecourse at Home Ec Online.  This is my first little project.  Drawstring bag.  I used it as a gift bag for my sister's birthday.

9.  When I love a new song, I play it over and over and over and then kind of ruin it for myself and then skip it whenever it comes up in a playlist.  Ahahaha!  I don't know why I find this so funny all of a sudden.
10.  I will never ever never ever take my in suite laundry for granted.  I've had my own laundry for 9 years now and I'm still thankful every time I can walk into the laundry room in my pjs and throw a load in and let it hang out in the dryer for days.
11.  I love too many shows.  But I'm not really willing to part with any so I have a mental list of shows to catch up on in the summer when everything is repeats.

A lot of other blogs have been talking music so here's what's on my favourite playlist.  If you don't already have the Songza app, get it.  I love it simply because our radio stations kind of suck and I found a lot of music that I love through Songza.  Every time a song came on that I loved, I took a screenshot and once I had a bunch, I downloaded them all and made my own playlist.  Some of it's a few years old I think but it's new to me!!!  Most of the songs were found on one indie playlist or another.  Sometimes I take songs off or just move them to the end when I'm getting tired of them.  When I add new songs, I add them within the first 10 - 15.  Oh, some videos are so freaking weird!  I was never much into videos growing up but man, I think they've gotten stranger.

All of Me -- Tanlines (the song starts 50 seconds in)
Walking on a Dream - Empire of the Sun
Carried Away - Passion Pit
What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club
Fader - The Temper Trap
Closer - Tegan and Sara (I've loved them for ages so I love this peppy one, it's awesome loud in the car)
Eat That Up, It's Good For You - Two Door Cinema Club
Inner Ninja - Classifed (MY NEW FAVE!)
Please Ask For Help - Telekinesis
Half Mast - Empire of the Sun
Always Alright - Alabama Shakes (from Silver Linings Playbook)
Houdini - Foster the People
Dancing on my Own - Robyn
The Reeling - Passion Pit
Cigarettes in the Theatre - Two Door Cinema Club
We Are the People - Empire of the Sun
So Near - Jack Penate
Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
Do You Want It All - Two Door Cinema Club
Tonight is the Night - Outasight
Helena Beat - Foster the People
Little Secrets- Passion Pit
This is the Life - Two Door Cinema Club
Everything is New - Jack Penate (couldn't find on YouTube except for Live stuff so you'll have to check iTunes)
Stays the Same - Outasight
Animal - Neon Trees
Something Good Can Work - Two Door Cinema Club (do you get the idea that I really liked this particular album?)
Tongue Tied - Grouplove
I Am the D.J.  - Neon Trees
I Can Talk - Two Door Cinema Club
Heartbreaker - MSTRKRFT feat John Legen (song starts about 18 seconds in)

And finally, I worked out for the first time yesterday in weeks and it was great.  My favourite instructor was back for my favourite class.   My shoulders and abs are aching.  Good aching.

1 comment:

  1. I love that every time I read your blog, I learn just a little more. Excellent randoms...I used to have a few freckles as a kid too that seem to have disappeared (adorable picture). That was a great class on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete