Sunday, April 13, 2014

NYC Part 6 of . . .

NYC Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 . . .

I woke up this morning feeling like I hadn't stopped since I got there and was so excited to still have another 4 days to see & do more.

Started off this morning with the best bagel I've ever had in my life and then headed to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) not to be confused with the Metropolitan Museum of Art (MMoA) that I went to last week :)



I enjoyed MoMA today more than MMoA last week.  They are both amazing but MoMA just seemed to be more my speed and wasn't so hot and seemed more open.  And again, I felt a little star-struck standing in front of Starry Night.  When I walked around the corner into the Monet room I was shocked.  I had no idea they were so huge and impressive.





Thought this was cool - made of pastel & gunpowder.
After the museum, I was in dire need of some caffeine and I needed to charge my phone.  Starbucks!  We were both only 1% charged.  Holy bags and lines under my eyes!


I was feeling a little too cultured and mature after the museum so I wandered up Fifth Ave in search of the toy store.  Not just any toy store.  THE toy store.  F.A.O. SCHWARZ.





And I was here for the THE BIG PIANO!!!

There were a few kids in line in front of me and then a couple kids behind me and three women about my age after them.  They let people on a certain number of people at a time and you get 5 minutes I think.  So we just let all the kids go on together first and then I went on with the other women and we had so much fun.  We each took each others pictures really quick and then spent the next couple minutes trying to play a song and sliding around.  So funny.  And I'm so happy that they happened to come up behind me!


It took everything in me not to leave with these peanut butter cups.



From here, I walked to Central Park to spend some more time wandering it.  It's so amazing and so beautiful and I hadn't yet walked the The Mall.



















Then I walked through the upper west side a little more and into Riverside Park.  Same park I was in yesterday for the race but about 10-15 blocks south of there for the You've Got Mail last scene.:)


Real estate envy



Can't you just picture Tom Hanks coming up that path yelling Brinkley?!




I headed to Times Square to see if I could get tickets to anything at the TKTS booth.  There weren't many shows playing.  My choices were partial view seats for Rock of Ages or a show called Newsical the Musical.  That was sold as sort of comedy news thing in the style of SNL.  I went with that but really wish I'd gone with Rock of Ages.  I didn't think the show was that funny and it was much too short.  Although, if you're not enjoying it, I guess that's better, haha!  Thankfully, I knew the next few days of shows were going to be amazing and I already had the tickets. :)

3 comments:

  1. More fun! I'm enjoying your trip!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha...the BIG Piano!! Love that you got a chance to be a kid again, after getting yourself all cultured. The amount of walking you did around NY is amazing...and you got some of the best views because of it. This trip has been so entertaining for all of us following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm seriously going to have to plan a trip to NYC soon! A friend and I were supposed to go last December and a snow storm grounded us.....of course. :-(

    ReplyDelete