Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Back to the Basics . . .

After floundering in every way possible over the last few weeks, I've gone back to the basics.  Last Friday, I had the day off and I was sitting here all blue just trying to think of what to eat and feeling like everything was boring and I needed some inspiration and ideas.  For that, I turned to my own blog, gee, imagine that!  I scrolled back through my posts knowing I had posted pictures in the past of things that I loved and what I was eating.  Back in the mix are a few simple salads, a thai peanut stir fry that I make with a packet that I LOVE, chicken fajitas, hard-boiled eggs, omelets, spaghetti squash and wraps.  Just to name a few.  I went through the flyers, found that the case of boneless skinless chicken breast was on sale at Sobey's and started there.  Then off to Costco for lots of fruits & veggies, frozen & fresh.  I haven't eaten a meal out since and I've been completely satisfied.  Tonight I was tired and hadn't planned what I was going to eat but since I had a variety of fresh stuff in the fridge, I ended up with an egg white omelet stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomato, havarti & feta and a sliced tomato from the garden on the side. Delicious and it didn't take long at all.  

I also started tracking all my WW points plus again and today is day 6.  Going back to the basics paid off on the scale, I weighed in on Tuesday which made it 8 days and I was down 6.6 pounds.  WHOOP!  I don't even know how that's possible but I weighed myself again this morning to make sure and it was on par.  I'll take it!

I also worked out a few times in the last few days in the form Just Dance 3 for the Wii.   Oh man, fun fun fun.  Actually, the funniest part was when I took it to my neighbor's place.  She popped it in her Wii and moved the furniture out of the way and told me to choose a song while she went to the washroom.  I couldn't decide and then just opted for "speed shuffle" just thinking that would give us some short versions of some songs.  After a while, laughing, dancing, bumping into each other and sweating buckets, we kept thinking, "isn't this over yet??"  Then another song would start.  Finally we stopped it and ran outside to cool off.  We came back in and she checked the time played and it was 39 minutes.  I checked the booklet and it turns out that speed shuffle will play a shortened version of each song.  EACH OF THE 40 SONGS!  Ahahahah!  I don't even know how many songs we went through but it must have been almost all of them.  So funny.  Good to know for future.  Anyhow, highly recommend it, loved most of the songs too.  

This is the new wallpaper on my iPhone.  Just a reminder, that nothing that is happening in my life right now is the end of the world.  


3 comments:

  1. WOW! that's an awesome loss. CONGRATS!!! I've been wanting to try that Just Dance game, looks like so much fun! :) I re-started WW recently too and I'm loving it so far. keep up the great work Michelle and thanks for your awesome comment the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! 6.6!! I love the Dance games! I have the xbox one, and it is fun. I'll have to see if it has a shuffle option, sounds like a great sweaty session!! Getting back to the basics is the way to go...I'm with you on that one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow good job on your weight loss - 6.6 is huge! And loooking back at stuff you have cooked before is a great idea. I need to do that! I always forget about meal ideas.

    ReplyDelete