This last 7 days has been really great as far as following through with the plan. I've just finished supper on my 7th full day of tracking. My goal this week was to go to boot camp and the two barbell classes and do some cardio time before them. I did all three of those. And I was rewarded for my efforts.
I'm so pleased! A few things that have worked for me this week . . .
- I made a doable goal to just do those three classes at the gym and fit the cardio in before them. I had company in each one too so that helps!
- Committing to track the consecutive days of tracking worked. I don't want to start at day one again. In the past, if I had a bad day, I just wouldn't track it. Now I'm going to track it regardless.
- A budget. In the new year, I made myself a budget which included a budget for eating out and groceries. With less money squared away for eating out, I've been saving that for meals out with friends not take-out for supper because I'm too lazy to cook. Everything I make is better for me than what I would order. The budget thing is just an added bonus.
- Getting a little more creative in the kitchen with what I have. I have to start writing them down so I remember!
- I made a very simple excel spreadsheet (very basic) of my cardio, classes, tracking & weight. I was inspired by Sheryl @ Ms Bitch Cakes. She never ceases to inspire whether it's to get out there and DO something, be more mindful of my eating, and more recently to track, track, track.
ps. I have a fancy GPS Garmin watch that I always used for outdoor running and last night I ordered the wireless heart rate monitor piece so I can track the calories I burn on indoor cardio machine and in my classes more accurately. Might have to add a column to the excel spreadsheet already!!