Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Be Nice

It's been longer than I would like since I posted last so let's catch up!  I weighed in at WW two weeks ago and I was 4 pounds down (yay!).  The next weigh-in night was only 4 days from the previous one so I didn't want to pay $15 for that.  That's when things started to unravel.  Slacking a bit at the gym, straying from my plans and points, having treats, sigh.  However, in reference to my title of this post, the slacking and straying don't hurt me nearly as much as my own thoughts and negative self-talk.  I won't share exactly what I say to myself in my head (not yet anyway) but I'm sure that these things keep me firmly in the rut for much longer than it would have been.  I retreat.  To my sofa, to my television, to my couch, to my bed.  I really just have to work on being nice to myself.  I would never dare say these things to someone else so why would I dare say these things to myself??  Be nice!!  As of this morning, I think I was a pound or two up so I'd like for those to be gone by Monday so that I'll break even this time around.

I didn't go to WW this past Monday because I had previously registered for an Asian cooking class.  It was great and one recipe I can definitely do for low points and the other two I'm sure I can adapt.  Once I make them work, I will post them.

For the other goals I've had, I've been doing pretty well.  The water has been easy.  Easier on work days but still doable on the weekends.  I've been getting to sleep earlier, still could improve on this one though.  I've been doing well with packing my lunches as well.  I made a big pot of chili from the Hungry Girl website which was delicious!  I used extra lean ground beef instead of the turkey because Superstore didn't have the turkey and I increased each serving by a point.  I used less of the hot stuff too because while I like zip, I don't like fire!

Today I was trying to think of ways to make preparing healthy lunches & suppers easier.  I find cooking for one really annoying and I'm trying to think of ways to make this easier.  My best bet (I think) is to make a nice dinner without cutting all the ingredients in half and just make the full recipe.  Then when I measure out my supper servings to my plate, I will do the same to some lunch containers and put them in the fridge or freezer.  If I'm taking a frozen lunch to work, I would much rather it be something I prepared myself.  Healthier and cheaper!  Win-Win!!  After work today, I was exhausted.  It really was a horrible day.  I was so tempted to order pizza because I just wanted something that I didn't have to make.  I decided to unload the dishwasher and tidy in the kitchen hoping that would get me inspired.  It worked.  I bought a deep skillet with a lid this past weekend.  I've always wanted one and decided it was time to use it.  I found a recipe on the back of the Campbell's Soup Vegetable Broth called Pasta Primavera and I had all the ingredients except for the tomato.   I figured I could do without it.  I had this ready in 15 minutes and it was wonderful.  So great, I took a picture!!


Lovely!  How do you like my new skillet? I love it.  Especially with the frying pan handle on one side and the short handle on the other.  I had supper and packed three lunches.  The next time I make it though, I'm going to add a bit more in the way or seasonings and add some more broth so that I can add even more of each veggie and maybe some red pepper.  

So my goals this week . . . 
1.  Start being nicer to myself!
2.  Keep up with the water.
3.  Prepare lunches and suppers till this weekend.  

Tata for now!
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I love what you wrote about saying things to yourself that you would never say to other people! That is so true - we do that to ourselves and we are our own worst critic! So BE NICE to Michelle for me okay? I really like her!

    ReplyDelete