Thursday, October 28, 2010

Confessions & Non-Scale Victories

I have a confession.  It's a Weight Watchers confession.  I haven't been physically tracking, I've been mentally tracking.  The mental tracking has been going alright but actual physical tracking would probably be working better.  Take last week for example, I stayed the same.  I don't think I went over my points and I didn't have any crazy meals or treats but I don't know that I didn't go over.  This has to change!!  To change it, I looked into Weight Watchers eTools.  I've read on other blogs about the recipe thing where you put in all the ingredients and it calculates a point value per serving, that could be helpful!  And I like the idea that with online tracking you'll have the previous weeks to look back at rather than the little pamphlet which I always lose to the abyss in my bag.  I've also seen screen prints of the online trackers on other blogs.  Today I faxed a copy of my weigh-in booklet to the head honchos at Weight Watchers so that they email me an access code for eTools.  I assume the access code is good for a limited time and then you have to pay for it so I'll have to assess how it worked before I pay.  I have to say it would be really great if it was free with a paid pass and then free for lifetime members.  In order for me to maintain my weight once I'm at goal, I'm going to need to keep tracking!  I didn't do that last time and look where it got me!

On to the good stuff, I finally did something with the big yam that's been staring at me from my countertop for over a week.  SOUP!  When the temperature dips, like it did here drastically this week, I love soup.  Nice, thick, filling soups.  It was quick and easy.  One big yam, a few carrots, chicken broth, garlic, pinch of cayenne, bit of salt, simmered for 20 minutes and then blended it all up.  I've got a big container in the freezer and another one in the fridge.  That's a little dollop of light sour cream in the picture.  Helps to add the creaminess without adding actual cream.  

My next non-scale victory is a bit of a two-parter.  I haven't been to the gym yet this week.  I know, it's Thursday.  Shame!  My friend Stephanie emailed me this afternoon and asked if I want to go to the gym tonight.  Everything in me was screaming no but what I responded with was "yes, argh!"  I went, I did week three in C25K, and I feel good for having done it.  After all, how the heck am I supposed to say no to Fit Mom??  The second part of this non-scale victory is that I have been desperate for ice cream for the last few days.  Pretty sure it's pms.  I wanted to go to Dairy Queen to get a blizzard right after the gym.  And I didn't!!!  Oh I could taste it, I was ready to turn around, and I didn't.  Although the picture I just added with this is killing me.  I'd better publish this post immediately so I can stop looking at it!!

Oh, and I'm excited!  On Friday, Fit Mom and I are making a run for the border.  We are driving to Grand Forks, ND for the day.  It's about 2 hours and totally worth the trip to hit Target and take advantage of all the fantastic stuff we don't have in Canada.  And cheap cheese!!  I think I've mentioned it before but I LOVE CHEESE!  Super Target here I come!

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap...you have to drive 2 hours to get to a Target? You must live in the middle of NOWHERE! Congrats on the NSV!
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha!!! In Canada we have lots of other things but no Target :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't crossed the border since I went to see SYTYCD S2 on tour in Buffalo a few years ago.

    I don't even have a passport.

    But I hope you have fun! (Though I am kind of cursing you for the DQ pic since there's a DQ close to me and I've had a hankering for awhile - but I shall resist)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Etools. I had to stop weightwatchers because they cancelled the only meeting I could get to with my work schedule and other obligations. I kept E-tools. Well worth the 12 bucks a month. :-)

    mf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my ETools and it is free with the Monthly Pass. Over the summer I did the mental tracking and WL was slow and not successful. 3 weeks ago a leader challenged me to track daily every Bite, Lick, Taste (BLT) and the first week I did it I lost the 5lbs. I have had a healthy loss each 3 wks. I think you are going to love it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    ~Mel

    ReplyDelete