Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'm Feeling Like A Heavy Runner!

I'm feeling heavy.  I've been feeling that way for the last couple of days.  I haven't strayed from my points.  I did my run and did Barbell Blast on Wednesday, Boot Camp on Friday, and my run and Barbell Blast this morning.  I still feel heavy.  The scale tells me I'm heavy too.  This is discouraging.  I realize that I could be retaining water, I'll have to check the calendar on that one.  With the weight training classes, it's possible that I could have gained some muscle, although that seems a little ridiculous to me.  Could I have gained a pound of muscle?  Really?  A pound?  I'm nervous for the weigh-in on Monday but I HAVE TO GO.  I'm registered for a cooking class the following Monday and I don't want to have three weeks between weigh-ins.  THINGS GET CRAZY when I skip weigh-ins.  So my plan for the weekend is to work out, eats lots of veggies and drink lots of water!!!  I'm off to a good start with my run and Barbell Blast class this morning.  On a side note, I was telling a girl at work about the Barbell class and she drove across town to go with me this morning and she loved it and was already asking if I was going to be going the next week too.  Yay!  Oh, and I mentioned above that I did the Boot Camp class on Friday.  Yes, it was the first time that I'd done that class and it was . . . CHALLENGING.  At one point, sweat actually dripped off the end of my nose and I cursed under my breath more times than I'm willing to admit.

Next up, the running.  I need to put more into it.  I need to make sure that if I'm running before I go to a class that I get to the gym early enough to get in the full intended workout.  It's the only way I will get better.  To help with my motivation I registered for a race.  The New Year's Day Resolution Run, a 5km.  I love this race.  I've done it three times before.  It's a fun atmosphere, winter runners in Winnipeg are hardcore, there's always a good race package, and an awesome breakfast after with prizes.  It's also a great way to kick off a new year.  Last year was so cold (-45) that you could only take your gloves off for a few seconds.  Made it hard to take pictures but we did it anyway!  This is one of my favorites.  Frosty finish line photo.


Off to eat a bag of veggies and down a jug of water!  At this point, I would be happy if I just stayed the same for the weigh-in on Monday.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

And thanks for the comments on my previous posts!  I'm working on the zzzzz's.

Michelle :)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about things getting crazy when you miss a weigh-in. Same for me! That picture with the frosty eyelashes is amazing. I can't imagine even going outdoors when it's that cold, much less running in it. Good for you, Miss Athlete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend told me stories from her winters in Winnipeg...they really are true! That's cold!

    I'm training for the half-marathon in Vancouver next May. Little bit better weather. :)

    Good luck with the running and don't get discouraged about feeling heavy. I did a 4 week hard-core boot camp and didn't lose a ton of weight. However, I did gain tremendous fitness that has carried me through and I was able to eventually take off 20 lbs. You may already know this from your own journey but thought I would let you know you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete