Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cancelled

I shared in this post about how I'd signed up for a running clinic.  I shared in this post about how I wanted to be a runner again.  I shared in this post how nervous and excited I was for it to begin on Monday.

Sigh.  Got a call today, it's cancelled.  There were only a couple of us registered for it.  The same couple of us that were registered for the one that was supposed to start two weeks ago. On the message I listened to, she said that because I'd been a runner before would I be interested in a spot in the 5km/10km clinic starting in mid-September.  First, I don't want to wait that long.  I'm registered for a 10km race in October.  OCTOBER!!!  It would have been fine if the first clinic started.  And second, I can't string three running minutes together yet so I'd have some work to do before jumping into the 5/10.  Anyhow, I didn't sleep well last night and I'd already gotten all my running gear together like a kid awaiting the first day of school, so naturally, I shed a couple tears.  Then went for a drive with loud music and went grocery shopping and by the time I got home, I'd decided something.  I'm taking the spot in the 5km/10km clinic and until then, I'm going to run the shit out of it on my own.




5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Boom POW! As always, thanks for the support Steph!

      Delete
  2. YAY!!!!!! So happy for you, you can do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks that it was cancelled but Booya!! You go girl! You can do this on your own! You inspire me :-)

    ReplyDelete