Friday, August 31, 2012

How My Jeans Got Me to Boot Camp

Random weigh-in 204.0 - down 1.2 pounds.  I'll take it!!

Last night, I slept like crap.  TOTAL CRAP.  Kept waking up, laid awake for too long.  When I was JUST falling asleep at around 5 am, I heard two strange bang sounds which woke me right up again.  Dozed off about twenty minutes before my alarm and felt like I hadn't slept in a week.  I decided there was no way I could do lunch hour boot camp at work.  I was semi-okay with that decision because I really couldn't imagine doing it.  I continued to get ready for work.  Then I pulled on my jeans.  I haven't worn them in a about a week and a half. They were freshly washed.  They were noticeably looser.  NOTICEABLY LOOSER!!  I immediately packed my things for boot camp.  It's working.  I will not stop now.

I was going to run after work today but we did so many squats and lunges in boot camp and my app does say that I should wait till tomorrow.  I'm not kidding, it really does.  

Yesterday, I went to Bulk Barn to get a few things plus ingredients for Go Go Glow Mix from Oh She Glows.  This trail mix is delicious.  Basically, combine a half cup each of mulberries, dried cranberries, goji berries, almonds, & cacao nibs.  After mixing it up, I stored it in a mason jar.  There was some that wouldn't fit in the jar and I hadn't had supper yet.  It had to be quick so I went with oatmeal and I topped it off with 1/3 up of the Go Go Glow mix and a drizzle of maple syrup.  It's official, I am on an oatmeal kick.  And even better, it's dirt cheap.

The Go Go Glow mix and supper!
I was so hooked on oatmeal, I gave the overnight oats a shot.  I put oats, almond milk, water, chia seeds, and vanilla in a container and stuck it in the fridge.  I should have just put it in the jar but I'm a little slow like that.  I like to make things difficult for myself.  In the morning, it was a little too liquidy for my tastes so I tossed in some more oats and hoped for the best by lunch.  I put it in a jar, topped it with the trail mix and some maple syrup.  It was so delicious and filling for after the lunch workout.  I'm definitely doing that again.  And at 80 cents for a huge container, it fits the budget.
The chia seeds make it look weird but it's tasty!!

So tonight, I'm going to enjoy some pasta of some sort.  Some healthy sort.  I'm going to watch a couple episodes of Game of Thrones season one.  I've seriously had this season from my co-worker for too long already.  And I'm going to look forward to going to visit my niece who I love more than anyone else in the world (don't worry, they all know it).  In a couple weeks I get to see her.  I can't believe how much she's grown in just the last six weeks.  She crawls now and her little teeth are bigger and she sits on her knees and plays with toys.  Aaaah!  I can't wait!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes you did! So proud of you for going to Boot Camp today! Happy you get to see that little bundle of joy again soon...even a not so baby person like me can't help but melt when I see that face. Oh yeah, and you seriously have me thinking about the Fargo Half. I'm Googling it as we speak...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get you my pretty!!! Early bird pricing ends Sept 30. If you're still undecided, don't worry, last time I registered mid-November and still got in. It did eventually sell out but I'm pretty sure it was after the new year.

      Delete